As a Lead Backend Developer you will be a key individual for our future success. You will be responsible for software design, technology, tools and best practices for our backend team. Our back-end developers will use you as a technical mentor and you will contribute to our most important projects with coding and code reviews.
In short, you are able to kickstart the team by putting down the backend infrastructure as a basis for current and future back-end development, sharing your knowledge within the development team and intensely cooperating with internal stakeholders.
What will you be responsible for?
- Leading and mentoring Rubyplay’s back-end developers, participate in code reviews and act as a point of contact for architecture and cross-functional initiatives
- Partner with managers to help with decisions around prioritization, execution, work division, planning, goal setting, tech-debt management, etc
- Understanding the broader context of the team and help set the technical roadmap for the them
- Contributing to the architecture of our projects and planning activities that are prioritized and directly impacting business and product goals
- Scoping complex tasks and projects, and break them down into smaller tangible tasks that can be easily taken up by others on the team
- Actively contribute to the codebase
- Working with developers to grow their technical, interpersonal and leadership skills and to ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to use them
- Help make the team stronger by leveraging (or introducing) frameworks and practices around project management, technical decision making, communication practices, etc
- Help with the hiring process
- Communicating and delivering the technical vision of our projects to the business at a high level and the team at an operational level
What do we expect from our perfect candidate?
- 5 + years of experience in engineering, delivery and quality English proficiency (At least B2)
- Proficiency with Java stack: Java 8, Java 11, Spring Framework IOC, Spring Boot, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Git, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with webservice core standards like HTTP 1/2, WSDL, SOAP, REST
- Ability to come up with mature, thoughtful, scalable technical designs that support the business operations
- A drive to help the success of a project/domain/area of responsibility
- Understanding of broader team/company context and how it relates to specific projects within the team
- Growth mindset and a demonstrated emotional intelligence to mentor and collaborate with other engineers/managers
- Can demonstrate strong leadership skills whilst working with developers
- Hands-on experience developing automation testing & performance testing
- Hands on experience with CI/CD & DevOps: Atlassian stack, Gitlab etc
- Experience in the iGaming industry would be desirable
Benefits of working with us:
- Great opportunity to be part of a growing team that creates engaging products
- Budget for personal development for each employee (courses, workshops etc)
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Medical insurance
- 20 paid vacation days/7 paid sick leaves
- Friendly working environment